Friday, March 25, 2011

Pretty Heels and an Announcement!

What better way is there to end a week of blog posts that with a photo of a beautiful skirt and heels? I love the color, so pretty.

After 3 months, the project that I have working on is finally finished! So now I can finally tell you all the news, I have been bursting to share!

My sister and I have decided to start our very own photography business!

My sister has been practicing photography for the past 5 years and through her I caught the bug and started almost 2 years ago. Over time we were hired for small events and last year photographed our first wedding. Since then we began to seriously discussing starting a photography business and this past January took the leap!
The name is a long story, but it's dear to our hearts and it usually gets a smile whenever we tell people, so I think it's a winner.

Our website is officially up as of today, which is why I waited until today to post about it. We are both so excited. It's been a dream of mine to one day have my own business, to take the leap. There are so many amazing women out there that I have met through the blogosphere that have taken their dreams and done something with them, so I took that inspiration and did it!

Feel free to visit the Rubber Boots Photography website here, read our blog here, and if you'd like you can find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr!

Oh yeah, social media here we come.

Wish us lots of photography happy thoughts because here we go!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

soooo excited for you! congratulations!!

Kimberlee said...

Congrats! I love the name ;)

Rebecca said...

Wow, congrats!!!! I, too, have been so inspired by other women I've met on the blogosphere...and am slowly developing my own business dreams/plans. It must be so exciting to have them realized!

Lauren said...

Congrats!! Good Luck!

Adinda said...

I think this maybe the first time I have ever commented here. I first want to say that I have a degree in computer graphic design and while I may not be an expert nor does my opinion hold any weight in the matter but can I just say that your logo is so awesome! I love it!! And maybe I am a tad weird to say I would love to hear the story behind your name. I think it's always neat to hear the back story to such great things. Love the name! Congratulations and best wishes! =)