Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What I Feel Like Wearing Tuesday...

We planned a little getaway weekend that's coming up soon and I'm so excited that all I can do every morning is announce to my husband how many days are left. It will be just the two of us lounging by the pool getting our tan on...that's my kind of weekend.

So naturally, since I'm so freakin' excited, I've already starting thinking about what I'm going to pack. I'm feeling bright colors and fun prints in relaxed silhouettes for this trip inspired by this editorial in Lucky:
I think the combinations of colors and prints is so pretty and perfect for a mini summer vacay. These are four items that I know will definitely be going in my suit case:
Jcrew Packing
Over the weekend I popped by JCrew and they were having an awesome sale. I found the Beatrice blouse that I had been admiring ever since I first saw it in the catalogue. Online it's on sale for $98, but I got it in the store for $39.99! And I fell head-over-heels in love with the tomato red shorts! I've never had shorts in such a bright color...I think my obsession with coral is the culprit. The striped dress (swoon!) was a gift from my mom for my graduation this past weekend. Oh how I love it! I will definitely be wearing it to dinner. Of course my trusty panama hat will be with me at all times, it goes with everything and is awesome at shielding my face from the sun.

Lastly, I also found something that was a bit out of my comfort zone, but when I saw them in person and tried them on, I loved them...
Yes, I bought Ikat print pants! When it comes to prints I usually stick to wearing them as a top or a dress, so a printed pant is not the norm for me, but I couldn't help but picture them paired with these...
Ikat accessories
What do you think? I think it could work, or am I ikat nuts?
Editorial images from Lucky Magazine

0 comments: