Friday, July 13, 2012

June 2012 Glossybox

Click on photo to enlarge

I received my June 2012 Glossybox this week! I first heard about Glossybox from the Pixiwoos and then saw it again on Pretty Shiny Sparkly's channel once it came stateside. 

In case you're not familiar with Glossybox, it's a monthly subscription where each month you receive about 6 beauty items from different brands. The kicker is that you don't know what you'll be receiving each month. There are a couple different beauty box services out there, like Birchbox, but I ended up going with Glossybox because I read and heard great reviews about the selection of items that come in the box. Even more important, the sizes! From what I've seen, most boxes tend to include those squeeze packets for a majority of their products. In all the videos and reviews, everyone was impressed with how Glossybox provided either travel or in some cases full sized items in real packaging. It's pricier ($21) than Birchbox ($10), but I figured I'd give it a try and you can cancel any time. 

This week my first Glossybox arrived and here's the round up of everything that was in it (from left to right):
Orfra Eyeshadow in Go Black (2nd from left)
I don't usually go for cream eyeshadows, but the finish of this one is really pretty and it comes with a primer built in (bonus!). It blends easily and has a shimmer effect to it. It squeezes out like a lipgloss, which at first threw me off, but now I like it because it must be more sanitary. 
VBeaute Buy Time Creme, Lite Up Serum, and Eye Never Eye Creme
These three came packaged in little travel size tubes. I've been using them every night for the past week and they feel really creamy, which I love. Not sure if the size is enough to really see an effect over time though.
Wella Enrich Moisturizing Treatment
This one I really liked. A travel size pot of conditioner that made my hair feel really soft and yet didn't feel weighed down. Thumbs up!
The Glossybox 
I had to include this because I am a sucker for packaging. Everything arrives in this pretty pink box, wrapped in coordinating tissue paper with a little card (shown in top photo) explaining everything inside. The box is really nice and sturdy, I already have it under my sink storing little odds and ends.
AHAVA Velvet Cream Hibiscus & Fig Wash
This is my favorite item in the whole box! This body wash is creamy and smells amazing. Even my husband commented on how nice I smelled, right there...Winning. It came in a nice thick, travel sized bottle that I can't wait to take with me on our trip to Michigan in September.
First Aide Beauty Fab Smooth Shave Cream
This shave cream was my other top favorite item in the box. I loved that it's an original size item from the brand and yet a great size to travel with. It's really thick and creamy, and left my legs feeling smooth. Another big thumbs up!
A Perfume Organic in Urban Organic
The perfume came in your typical perfume sample vial. I've never tried an organic perfume before and was pleasantly surprised. It has more of the consistency of an essential oil than a perfume, but I really liked it anyway. The scent is hard to pin down, but everytime my husband smells it he says it "smells really clean", so that's good right? I'm even wearing it as I type this post :-)

Overall, big fan of the Glossybox so far and looking forward to seeing what arrives in my July 2012 Glossybox. I'll keep you posted on what arrives next month!

Have a great weekend everyone!


Top photo by me, photos of products from Glossybox.com



0 comments: