Friday, November 18, 2011

A Little Bit of Jewelmint...

Have you been on Jewelmint yet? I signed up for it after reading about it on a few blogs, the idea of a website that created a collection of jewelry for you to choose from every month based on your personal style intrigued me. You create an account and answer a few questions about your personal style, based on that information the site brings together a collection of jewelry every month that you might like. The collection ranges from rings to dramatic necklaces and what I loved is that each piece had a story behind it's design and inspiration. 

The best part about it is that each piece is $29.99, no matter what it is. Since my jewelry box is currently in desperate need of maturing from it's love of Forever 21, I thought this would be a great way to bring in some unique pieces. However here's the fine print: If you don't buy anything one month, your credit card is automatically charged $29.99 and credited to your account for future purchases. You can opt out of the charge by choosing to "skip the month" by the 5th of each month. 

One of the pieces in my collection for November was a pair of 60s inspired amethyst earrings that I went gaga over the moment I saw them, and a few days later guess what arrived in my mailbox...
I'm a sucker for packaging, so the little mint box was quickly a favorite...
There they are! They were even prettier in person. I can't wait to wear them for a night out with the hubs!  Here they are on...
Turns out it's not as easy as you would think to take a photo of your own ear. Oh well. 

*Images taken by me*



0 comments: