Friday, June 27, 2008

A Monopoly Weekend!

Happy Friday everyone! Personally, this week seemed to fly by, which is a-OK by me.



Last night Mango and I decided to do have dinner out instead of our usual night of experimenting on recipes. So we decided to visit one of our favorite restaurants, Stir Crazy. In case you've never been there before, it's a restaurant that allows you to make your own stir fry. Why would I go to a restaurant and pay to make the food myself? Well, much like Fondue, this restaurant is fun to go to for the simple reason of... just because! Basically you pick your meat, rice or noodles and they hand you a mini wok. You proceed to visit the stir fry bar where you attempt to pile as many ingredients for your stir fry as you can on that little wok (Mango and I have mastered this step!) and then hand it to the cook where he makes your stir fry. Sounds like fun right? Well last night we decided to deviate from this path and ordered off the menu, not the best idea, from now on we're sticking to the stir fry.


So what is on the menu for this weekend? To be honest, I have no idea. However, knowing Mango and I, we'll come up with something. For sure, we need to finish painting!!! We still have 2 rooms to go, perhaps that will be the task that we will tackle this weekend. Unfortunately hurricane season is here, which puts a severe damper on any plans to hit the beach since every afternoon is starts to rain, which leaves a perfect opportunity for...Monopoly! Why am I so excited about this? Well, one of our bridal shower gifts was the new Electronic Banking Monopoly Edition. That's right, now our kids will let the debit card do the math instead of playing rock-paper-scissors for someone to be the banker. Perhaps on one of those rainy afternoons I can convince my husband to crack open that new Monopoly game... I call the thimble!



Have a great weekend! See you Monday!



0 comments: