Monday, July 21, 2008

The dining room and I

We officially have our dining room table! I forgot to take a picture of it in all the excitement, but I promise to post a picture soon. So now that we have it in there, Mango and I basically sat on the floor and stared at it for while. It's sort of like when a couple brings home their new born, for a moment there they just stare at it because they're not quite sure what to do with it. While we were staring I decided to run up and get my sketchbook to jot down some ideas, again, I'll post it soon. The good thing is that now I have a pretty good idea as to which direction to go, however I have a feeling it's going to be an interesting adventure. This morning I decided to look through my trusty design blogs again for some inspiration.

I found this image on Habitually Chic. I love the collage of small frames on the wall and thought that might look nice for over the buffet table that we have against the dining room wall:
The table is dark espresso, however it had a bit of a traditional feel because the table legs and chairs have some carvings on them making them a little more ornate than the simple clean lines of a modern table. Interestingly, that why I love the table, because it's beautifully designed. So I figured I would add some modern pieces to mix it up a bit. I posted a while ago about this pendant lamp that I found on CB2 and I think it's the winner, I'm planning on ordering it later this week. It's very simple, and the size of it will give the room a punch of drama:Right now I'm on the hunt for an area rug. I have something in mind, but I'm hitting a complete mental block in regards to the colors. Mango asked me what color I was going to do the curtains and I have no idea yet. I figured, once I find a rug we love, everything else will sort of just go from there. Something I do know that I like are graphic prints! I'm looking for something with a big pattern to it:
Let the games begin!

0 comments: