Monday, August 18, 2008

DIY on the way!

I am officially home for the rest of the day, which means I get to play! It's dark and pouring rain outside, perfect weather for curling up on the sofa and watching a movie. In fact, that's exactly what my husband is up to right now while I am going through all of my inspiration pics on the computer and collecting some new ones.
I currently have a DIY project on my mind that I am getting ready to tackle. It was inspired by the one and only Jennifer Ramos from Made by Girl, a fabulous design and life blog that I have been reading for a while now. Her recent DIY project was a chalkboard for the kitchen, with a simple piece of pine wood and black chalkboard paint she created this beauty:
For more pictures of her project click here.
I fell in love with this idea for our home office. Being that I'm the type of person that likes to "see" everything, but still wants to be organized I have always loved these organization modules from Pottery Barn:

However, I really want something that is all one unit. I want to go with something on a larger scale since I want it to go on the wall behind the computer, I'm thinking of making something in a frame like this:

First thing is to find the frame, currently, I'm looking into some from my trusty old friend Ebay. Once I find that, I need to figure out how to assemble it, I'm thinking I'm going to need a thin piece of wood in order for it to fit into the frame. I let you know how it turns out...I'm very excited about this, I just need to figure out how to do it!

2 comments:

karenb said...

Hi Christine...wow.i love her site...love that FRAMES wallpaper....i think I might get it!

Sarah Ring said...

I am SO doing this!! Thanks!