Monday, September 22, 2008

A Day of Leaves

It's the first day of fall, my favorite season. I love the sense of change the moment September comes around, not only is it my birthday month signalling a new chapter in my life, but everything around you changes. We bid farewell to the heat (especially here in Florida), bathing suits, and bronzer, and dive into comfy sweaters, rich colors, and falling leaves. I admit, down here in Florida there's not a very drastic change in the season. I grew up in New Jersey and still remember how the leaves would change and the weather would grow noticeably cooler. However down here, the days get shorter and the "light" changes, no longer is the sun a hot beaming spotlight and believe it or not, it does get cooler! My Jersey friends say it's all in my head, however the humidity goes away leaving nothing but a cool breeze that requires a jacket from time to time. In fact, I tell people that the fall and winter months are the best time to visit South Florida. On that note, to celebrate the day, here are a couple of my favorite things about Autumn!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks! Oh my how I love these!I love making the house "smell" like fall. Pier 1 has awesome fall candles, my favorites are the Apple Pie and Harvest Spiced Cake candles, combine the two and it smells fantastic. It's the season for pumpkins, gourds, squash, you name it! They are so much fun to cook with (pumpkin soup...yummm), but I love decorating the house with them. I think I'm going to create a little centerpiece for the dining room table. The change of season and cool weather...I love it.
Fall TV! All the great shows come on, my new favorite, the uber-creepy Fringe. Fall = Fall Fashion. I love dressing for the colder months, right now I'm obsessed with pretty dresses, dark tights, and booties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I TOTALLY love fall....until it gets cold. Then I get bitter. lol!

Mango Gal said...

LOL I hear ya!