Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stuck on You

Today someone asked a question, "Wallpaper, is it back in?" It made me think back to design images I have seen and I realized that the sticky paper had crept up on us, and I'm starting to like it! I think the difference this time around, is that it's used as an accent piece in the room rather than something to just cover the walls. Lately some great, bold prints have been coming out making them the focal point of the room allowing you to keep everything else simple. In my little quest today to find some images and save them for future projects, I realized that you can have a lot of fun with this, it's not your grandma's old wallpaper, enjoy!

*Update on wallpaper love:

Check out these amazing papers from Graham & Brown, the creators of the frame wallpaper above. I love their metallic prints, however their paintable series is pretty cool! Sort of the happy medium between painted walls and wallpaper. I found out about these awesome papers here.

3 comments:

Sarah Ring said...

I love the fact that if you don't have alot of furniture and nick-nacks that you can wall paper a room, put some curtains up and it looks grown up and finished. It allows you to space your furniture father apart and the room will still feel full and done. Great for newlyweds on a budget!

karenb said...

HI..i loooove the frames one..we actually ordered a sample....we'll see..im just skeptical in putting it up..we need a professional..:)

Mango Gal said...

That's awesome Karen! Let me know how it turns out, I love that wall paper too.