Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ole!

What do you get when you put a guitar in the same room as a woman with attitude and a gorgeous dress?

Well, you might get a couple things, but chances are it'll be a Flamenco dancer. I'm not sure if I've ever shared this before on Journeys of Mangonett, but I have loved Flamenco ever since I was a little girl. I love how beautiful it is and full of feeling, how these women can dance in these amazing dresses and make it look effortless. I love it so much that it even inspired my wedding gown. These are a couple of videos that I found tucked away in my favorites that I figured I would share with you and if you've never seen a live show, I demand you go see one! ;-)


I love this video because of all the ladies dancing at the same time with those amazing skirts. I love it even more when the teacher shows them how it's done.

For something a little bit more theatrical, you gotta love the famous dancer Sara Baras. Plus, you would think with the women looking so femine while they dance it would be a little odd to see a man dance Flamenco, not so.

0 comments: