Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Letterpress Blocks

A few months ago my mom gave me her antique letter press drawer that she found at a garage sale when I was a child. I was so excited when she gave it to me because I had always loved it as a kid. Since then it's been sitting in a corner in the home office because I just haven't quite figured out what to do with it, until I saw this photo: My mom had filled it with tons and tons of miniatures, however to make it my own I would love to fill it with letterpress block letters like this photo. I've already placed a bid on a set on eBay. Finding these things are a lot harder than I imagined. I'm thinking of scouting my local thrift stores and antique shops.

I'm off on a letterpress hunt!
Image via Design*Sponge

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh wow I cant wait to see how it turns out!

Sarah Ring said...

How great! Be careful though, letterpress blocks are very popular and can get really expensive!!

laura @ so alaurable said...

I love how they are displayed in this photo!