Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Vacay: Part 3

On our last day, we attended the annual National Cherry Fest, and yes, it was cherrylicious. This was also the very first sunny day of our entire vacation in Michigan, so being the sun-loving Floridians that we are, we soaked it in as much as possible... We spent most of the festival walking around with pints of fresh cherries from different local farms...and even stopped into some local shops where I found the biggest wooden spoon I have ever seen in my life. As far as the eye could see, the street lamps were decorated with these giant orbs of Impatients in every color possible. I spent most of the time looking at them and mumbling, "How in the world do did they get them to grow like that?" and scratching my head. Mainly because whenever I attempt to grow these back home, they always end up dying on me...I'm going to blame the ultra hot weather...yeah, that's it, its just too hot. After lots of cherries and two cherry sticky tattoos later...it was finally time to say goodbye to Michigan, until the next time...and check it out, we actually came back with a tan!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! Great pictures

Sugar & Spice said...

My new favorite fruit is cherries!! Love them! You guys definitely has a great trip!!! :)

Aartee said...

cute pics!!

Nani said...

I adore cherries :) Favorite fruit ever! And you make it look like so much fun!!!!