Friday, October 9, 2009

Ledger's Imaginarium

I always wondered what happened to the movie that Heath Ledger was working on when he died. I assumed that they scrapped it, after all, how can a movie go on when one of it's main actors has passed away? However, I was so excited to read that the director, Terry Gilliam, decided to move ahead with the project and even enlisted some of Heath Ledger's pals to help. The movie is "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", this sort of crazy and surreal story with other big names like Christopher Plummer. Apparently, Gilliam asked Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell to step in for the role of "Tony", Heath Ledger's role. Since the story this is so surreal, they were able to pull off the change in actors once the character stepped into this other fantasy world.
I cannot wait to see how it turned out, the trailer alone looks amazing. One of the most heart warming aspects of this story for me is that all three actors donated their salary to Heath's daughter Matilda. Now I think that's pretty cool.
Read the whole article here.

0 comments: