Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wipe-On Poly and a Paint Brush

I know, I know, I'm a bit late, but I finally stumbled upon the fabulous blog Little Green Notebook. In case you haven't seen it yet, head on over and give it a looksy. This woman has single handily inspired me to grab a paint brush and some Wipe-On Poly to revamp some drabby furniture in our home office.
I came home one day from work and announced to Mango, "I am painting the office furniture!". I can tell this sort of through him off guard because he kind of just stayed looking at me for a few seconds and replied, "Ok, how are you going to paint the furniture?" Well, I was ready for him thanks to this post from Little Green Notebook where she turned an everyday credenza into this bundle of fabulousness:Isn't it gorgeous? You see that pretty blue box sitting on top of it? Well, that was a DIY project too, and another one I plan on tackling. Inspired by these lacquer boxes, she bought some basic wood ones at IKEA and after a few coats of paint and Wipe-On Poly later, she had this:

I'm not exactly sure when I will be pulling out my own Wipe-On Poly and starting to revamp the office furniture. I'm waiting for a weekend when we have a completely free day, life has been a little crazy. I say "we" because I need the Mango to help me carry the furniture up and down the stairs. So, until then,

Dear Little Green Notebook,
Thank you for the inspiration!
Love,
Mangonett

0 comments: