Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hanging with the sea creatures...

This past weekend we made a little trip to SeaWorld. If you haven't been to this park yet, I highly recommend it. They've completely redone it, but have kept the best shows and attractions. The newest roller coaster, Manta, was in two words...awesome dude. We drove up and arrived at our hotel Saturday morning. Thanks to my mad sweet talking skills, I managed to get us an upgrade to a suite. As you can see Mango was very excited...after all, the room came with our very own Shamu squeaky toy which is now gracing our bathroom at home. Next, on to SeaWorld! Check it out, it's as if I'm in the tank with the manatees...yeah, not really, but it was fun to pretend.We saw tons of amazing animals, like sea turtles...rather large manatees and their babies...napping polar bears...and one of my favorites, beluga whales. This guy was particularly happy that day, he popped up to say hello and even did a few cartwheels for us under the water.It was time to go see the big guy...Shamu. The show is awesome, what can I say, giant Orcas flipping us mini-mammals out of the water, how can you say no to that?

Mango wanted to document me doing the "Shamu wave". You might think you're strong enough to resist the wave, but trust me, when you hear Shamu's entrance music it's all about doing the Shamu wave.All the excitement from Shamu made us a little parched, so we decided to head off to The Terrace. Where they have a rather sweet cafe and an even better beer counter... Oh, and pretzels in the shape of Shamu. Gotta love it.

Junk food makes humans obese too, look at that. The dolphin show is another favorite, I managed to catch one flipping in the air. I cheered like a 5 year old.

All of the other animals had "feeding times" and could only be fed by the guests during those hours. The sea lions, however, had the word "continuous" under their feeding schedule. If you dillydallied at all with their food, those guys had no problem yelling at you. Sort of reminded me of myself when Mango takes too long serving dinner.

Taking a little breather before dinner...

For dinner, we decided to "Dine with the Sharks!" as the brochure put it. I swear I saw a couple of those guys eyeing me during dinner...

We ended the night by catching the winter show and fireworks...Good bye SeaWorld!

4 comments:

Mrs.Divalicious said...

awh! that is so awesome :) seems like you guys had an awesome time... and your pictures are too cute!

Jen said...

I love your romper! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Sugar & Spice said...

I've never been to Sea World! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Unknown said...

I'm really jealous that you got to see baby manatees....they are my favorite!