Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Painted Ceilings

I'm planning on painting two bathrooms in the house this week. I've already chosen the colors and plan on hopping over to Home Depot either today or tomorrow to pick up the paint. However, this morning while I was taking a shower I happened to look up and realized that our bathroom ceilings don't have popcorn! Which then lead me to the idea of painting the ceilings.I've always loved this idea, but figured I'd have to wait because our entire house has popcorn ceilings...until I realized that the bathrooms didn't. AH HA!According to Casa Sugar, by painting the ceiling a pale hue of a cool color, you can actually create the illusion of height and make the room feel larger. The opposite is true with a dark hue of a warm color, it can actually bring the room in and make it feel more intimate. Each bathroom is being painted in a tone of grey, one is a little lighter than the other, however both have low ceilings and not the greatest amount of light. So I'm hoping that painting the ceiling will open it up. I plan on starting later on this week, I'll let you all know how it goes. Wish me lots of happy painting dust!


Images via AT, Alicia B. Designs, Casa Sugar, & Domino

1 comments:

Inside My Head said...

would you mind sharing the colors you used in your dining room -- both on the wall and the ceiling. love your taste!