Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Macaron Obsession

 I have Parisian Macarons on the mind. It's weird, I know, but since I don't foresee a trip to Paris any time in the near future the idea of attempting to make them has become a bit of an obsession.
On Monday I came home from Bed Bath and Beyond with my very first piping set, stocked with tips and bags, which confused my husband since I initially went there to buy a bridal shower gift. My explanation to him was "Your wife is fixin' to start a baking project this weekend". He kind of just nodded and offered his services as a taste tester. Love him.
 All week I've been scouring the Internet in search of the perfect recipe for me to try. Right away I remembered Emily posting about these delicious looking Salted Caramel Macarons that she made.
Then I headed over to Tartelette and found these summery Meyers Lemon Macarons. I love the flavor of lemon especially as the weather gets warmer, so I was really excited to find this recipe. She also added the recipe for lemon creams. Perhaps the next cooking project?
I started jumping up an down in my chair and clapping when I discovered the macaron recipe mother-load at Cannelle et Vanille. One of my favorite food blogs because of her amazing photography. She has so many types of macaron recipes that I went nuts looking through all of them. Lavender and Orange, Chocolate and Peanut Butter, Strawberry and Vanilla Bean...the list goes on.
So many flavor combinations, and the possibility of so many colors. Now I just have to decide which recipe to try! Decisions, decisions.

Images via Cannelle et Vanille, Tartlette, and Cupcakes and Cashmere

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

try the salt and caramel ones!! :)

Marie Theron said...

Delightful and so French! Thank you, Mngonett!