Friday, August 5, 2011

Makeup, Moving, and the Weekend

I love these photos of Karlie Kloss, they make me want to get all dolled up tonight and take my husband out on the town. I think the fact that I have been obsessively watching Pixiwoo makeup tutorials is the culprit behind why I'm looking to step out of my mascara-concealer-lip gloss routine and do something a bit more dramatic. For instance, check out this Karen Elson inspired tutorial, so pretty!
 If there is anything I have learned from watching these videos is that makeup brushes are insanely important. It turns out that Sam (we're on a first name basis now) released her own brush line from Real Techniques and uses them constantly. Right now I'm intrigued by her Stippling brush that she uses for blending practically everything. It looks awesome, and I just so happen to have a coupon for Ulta, so I think I'm going to pop by this weekend and pick one up.

This weekend my brother-in-law is officially moving down to Florida! Which means that my need for eye shadow and lipstick will have to wait since I don't think a smokey eye is proper "moving makeup". We're really excited to have him down here and moved in to his new place. The rest of the weekend is going to be spent spending some quality time with family and maybe even finishing some projects that I've been working on. So have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday!



Karlie Gloss images by Terry Richardson via ZAC

0 comments: