Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Brunch at The Forge...

Did I ever tell you that I'm a fan of those online group deals? I'm signed up for all of them, Groupon, Gilt City, Living Social, you name it I got it. Turns out, the commercials are true, your able to try a lot more new things when your getting them at a discount. 

We've heard so many amazing things about The Forge, a hip restaurant located in the heart of Miami. Everyone whose been said that the food was amazing, but the place itself was even more amazing. So when I saw a Gilt City deal for a Sunday brunch at The Forge, I bought it right away and made our reservation...
Off we were to brunch at the Forge! It's located in a beautiful building, but was hard to find since there was no actual sign. Instead we found it because of the pretty carved doors in front...
The food was amazing, check out my french toast! It was one giant piece of bread soaked in an amazing sauce and covered with baked apples. Tony got the eggs benedict which were served on a bialy instead of your typical english muffin...
On to the decor! The dining room was filled with amazing furniture like this awesome chair that I got to sit in. Actually I raced Tony to the table when I saw it so that I could sit in it...whatevs.
There were beautiful light fixtures every where you looked. The waiter told us that the chandelier in the main dining room belonged to a Parisian Opera house and the mirror behind it was brought over in pieces from Italy...love!
One of my favorite rooms was in this one with the stained glass ceiling. For brunch they set up a long table for the families with small children to let the kids paint while their parents enjoy their brunch. The glass bubbles along the back wall are supposed to look like champagne...
For private parties they had this gorgeous white room! I could have stayed there all day casually drinking tea while reading books from the library across the hall...
After our tummies were full and we had plenty of eye candy, it was time to say good bye. They did me in with final touch, the bill, which came in this...
Thank you for a lovely brunch Forge, we'll be back soon!

*Images taken by me*





0 comments: