Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sprout


My husband sent me an article about a company called Sprout that makes these amazing pencils. He knew I'd go bonkers over this because I have a fascination with pencils. I have them stashed all over the house, I use them to the nub and still feel bad when I have to throw them away because I still think there's more use left in them. He argues that no one uses pencils anymore and he's married to the one person that still does :-)
Each pencil has a tiny seed inside the color cap at the top. When you've used up your pencil, flip it over and place the water soluble cap side in soil and a plant starts to grow! How cool is that?! They have everything from flowering plants to herbs. 
Check out their main page here  where they are asking for pledges to get Sprout growing...see what I did there? Growing? Yeah I'm hilarious sometimes.

Images via CNet and Kickstarter

0 comments: