Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back Home

Jersey Shore Locket from here

Hello friends!

I'm sorry for my absence here on the blog lately. Life outside of the blogosphere has required my undivided attention lately. Don't worry, nothing bad, just a lot of things piled up all at once and now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you are all well!

This week we were all in utter shock as Hurricane Sandy devastated the northeast. I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before on the blog, but my family and I are originally from New Jersey and that is were I spent most of childhood before moving to South Florida.We lived close enough to New York City that it was just a few minutes drive in to our favorite spots. Needless to say, New Jersey and New York, in fact the entire northeast holds a special place in my heart.  I still have friends and family that I keep in touch with there. We've contacted them and so far everyone seems to be OK, but still without power. 

My prayers go to everyone currently struggling to bounce back from the storm. The damage is jaw-dropping, but I hope that my favorite place in the world will soon be back on its feet. Lots of love to you all and all the best. 

I found this video today of Carey Mulligan singing New York, New York and thought  you would all enjoy it...

0 comments: