Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cavallini on the Wall

1, 2, 3

















I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I am a giant "mental block" when it comes to art for our home. When I see images of rooms with amazing art I think to myself, "Yes! Brilliant!", but when it's time for me to find art it's more like a blank stare. To break this little habit, I've been trying to pay more attention as to what it is about the art in those images that makes me all giddy and then keeping an eye out for similar looks.

I've always loved those vintage-esque, science book style prints of animals, plants, and insects that are all over the blogosphere. Mainly because they're graphic and colorful, but still simple. Last weekend I was taking a stroll with my mom in Coconut Grove and stumbled upon a little shop that sold Cavallini paper. Right in front of me were these three lovelies:

These beauties are 20x28 and only $3.95 each! There were so many great ones to choose from, but these three were my favorite. I'm thinking of using them in our master bedroom on a giant blank wall that I've been wanting to use for art. Today I'm going to stop by Ikea to pick up some of my trusty Ribba frames and hopefully have them on the wall tonight.

I'll post photos as soon as they are up! Yey, score 1 point in the art department!

Paper source has a great selection of Cavallini paper here: Paper Source

1 comments:

laura g said...

I have the third of these! It's lovely, but sitting in a box of posters still waiting to be put up 2 months after we've moved in... oops. x