Friday, June 6, 2008

It's finally Friday!

Happy Friday!

It seems like this week went by a little slower than usual, however it allowed me to get a lot of things accomplished and set up my to-do list for this weekend.


Tuesday we met with our friendly-neighborhood-home-security-alarm-system dude, Neal. Why do we need an alarm system you ask? Well, plain and simple, I'm a scary cat. I guess you can say that since I was a child I was always afraid of someone breaking into our home, especially while we were in it! As a kid living in New Jersey, our house was broken into while my dad was on a business trip, my mom was playing racket ball with a friend (mom can hit a wicked spike), and my sister and I were with our babysitter at the movies watching "Drop Dead Fred"...yes I remember the movie. While the burglary happened while we were out of the house, my sister, babysitter and I were the first ones to arrive and see the mess that our house had become. As if that wasn't enough, the police later told us that it appeared that the thieves were spooked and most likely were still in the house when we arrived. After that, my parents installed an alarm system and got my sister and I a 100 pound Labrador retriever. Ever since, every house I have lived in had an alarm system and a 100 pound Labrador retriever (eventually we got two!).

Now, I have my own home with my husband, and it is currently alarm deficient. To top it off, it is a town home connected to two others on either side, which means that I can hear everything from either side and sometimes I think the noises are coming from inside the house. The first couple of nights in my new home were sleepless ones because I was always afraid that someone was in the house. So my loving husband, wanting nothing but our safety and to be able to sleep again, agreed to install a home security system...however, I'm still working on the 100 pound Labrador retriever.

So while I am waiting for the technician to arrive between the vague hours of 2pm-5pm, we will be attempting another painting project...the home office and the bathroom. Thanks to the paint sale on Behr paint at Home Depot, Mango and I bought all of the paint for the rest of the house.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! See you on Monday!
I'll leave you with Dr. Evil...


"May you all have a freakin' awesome weekend..."


3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm the same, a very scardy cat! DH left for the wkend, and I'm freaking out at home, alone. A part of me wants to run to my parents' house for a sleepover, but I know I need to put on my big girl pants and stand up to my fear.

An alarm does help easy the fear... and so does that dog! I need to get one; I have DH almost convinced, but he wants a Great Dane, a bit excessive, don't you think?

Have a great weekend, and lots of luck painting!

Mango Gal said...

LOL I love Great Danes, so I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel ya! If it weren't for our pooch, I'd be pushing for a system, too. And guess what? He's just 16 lbs. of cuddles, but he's good at pretending to be a 70 lbs. attack dog. Good thing anyone on the other side would only hear him bark and never know the difference, lol.