Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gambrel style...

Today I stumbled upon a set of photos from a home designed by S.R Gambrel on Edi's Files, one of my favorite design blogs. I had never seen this designer's work before, but fell in love after I saw what he did to this home. Since I'm currently obsessed with lighting fixtures, please take a moment to appreciate the amazing lighting choices in all of these rooms. I got so many ideas from these pictures and I just had to share it!


I love the wall collage in this hallway, particularly the floating frames that he used, this would look great behind our sofa in the family room:




I love the patterns on these roman shades and the eclectic look of the furniture and lighting:
The tiling on the walls is beautiful:




The monochromatic style is so pretty:

2 comments:

Jackie said...

All great decorating ideas! The floating frames idea is exactly what I want to do in the family room behind our sectional. Our wall is a burnt red color, and I'd love to frame only b&w pictures with matte-less frames so the red can peak in and add the touch of color! I think it will look so cool... but now finding the frames. I want to get a few larger ones, but that isn't too easy, so I'll prob have to have them custom framed. Sorry for all the babbling! LOL

Mango Gal said...

That sounds like a really cool idea! The red comming from behind is going to look pretty. I think Michaels is having a sale on frames right now, I saw someone post that their doing a sale on custom framing too this weekend.