Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thinking outside of the bookcase...

There are very few things in life that make me stop and stare, but one of those things are bookcases. I don't know exactly what it is, but ever since I was a kid I loved the look of a wall full of books. It just looks beautiful to me, maybe it's the look of the books itself? Needless to say, when I can, I try to incorporate it in my home. Lately, I've been noticing designers kind of revamping the bookcase by making their own and I love the idea!

This designer took those wall cubes and stacked them so that they made a book case:




I'm thinking of doing some shelves like this in our home office above the desk. It will let me out our books up there and organize everything, plus it will give us a bit of a book case feeling.

I also love the look of the wall paper:

0 comments: