Friday, July 11, 2008

It's the weekend...commence happy dance!

It's finally Friday again and I am ready for the weekend. This week went by pretty fast and was actually kind of fun. I tried 3 new recipes, all healthy and got the thumbs up from the husband. We officially started an exercise routine to help burn off that post-newlywed jiggle and a couple projects that I have been meaning to get done are now officially checked off the list!

One of the biggest items on my list was to organize the bathroom cabinets. For the past 5 months the space underneath my sink looks like a Tasmanian devil rummaged through it leaving behind nothing but a big, unorganized mess. So, Monday night I dedicated it to taking out everything I had and organizing it. I bought some totes at Bed Bath and Beyond and labeled each one with a category for easy rummaging: Makeup, Hair & Body, and "Lady Essentials". Basically everything from my eye-liners to lip glosses needed their own tote, hair sprays and body lotions went together, and the "lady essentials" basically were made up of items for when "Aunt Flo" comes to visit. I used some pretty glass jars that I had sitting around the house to store bobby pins, head bands, and hair ties. All in all, now I can spend an extra couple of minutes sleeping rather than rummaging through the cabinet in the morning.


This weekend my mom and I are surprising my sister by redecorating her room. Right now the little slacker is in Puerto Rico with my dad and some friends, so we are taking advantage that she's not here. One of the projects that I'm most excited about is recreating this wall decal that we found on Etsy:

Instead of ordering the decal, I volunteered my services and plan on painting it on the wall by hand. I figured with a little pencil and brown paint, I should be able to recreate it...I let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend and I will see you all on Monday!

0 comments: