Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A tale of a braid and a bun...

Normally, I don't do much to my hair. I usually wear it in one of three ways: a bun, a pony tail, or loose. Every once and a while I might bobby pin my bangs back to mix things up a bit, but I'm not really all that creative in the hair department, mainly because I just don't have time! In the mornings I'm usually running out the door, hence the pony tail or bun, and on the weekends I just leave my hair loose to give it a break. So, last night I was all so proud of myself when I tried something a little different.


Lately, I've been seeing a particular hair style in magazines that has caught my eye. Ladies such as Sienna Miller and Nicole Richie have been sporting this look, while the hair is still up, they weave in a braid here and there just to kick it up a notch! I thought it was so cute, so I decided to try it last night.
While it looks sort of complicated, it was actually really easy to do (as long as you know how to french braid). First, I sprayed some volumizing spray and parted my hair on the side, then did a french braid on one side of my hair. Once I finished the braid, I gathered it and the rest of my hair into a low bun, pinned it up, and Voila!
Ahh, you gotta love camera phones and how they take the most flattering pictures...

0 comments: