Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hello Straddie

As the cool air starts blowing our way and the sweaters come out, we all become aware that the holiday season is right around the corner, which means one thing for me...vacation time! Unlike most people in other parts of the country, we don't really take vacation in the summer, why would we? The beach is 15 minutes from my house and weekend trips to The Keys or Sanibel Island are 2 hours away. Instead, we opt to save our vacation time for the winter months and enjoy the change of seasons. So right now, I am on a mission to find our first chilly vacation spot as a married couple for Thanksgiving weekend. I have a feeling that a couple of blog posts will be dedicated to places that I would love to go.

Yesterday while reading one of my favorite blogs, Absolutely Beautiful Things, I clicked on link to the author's Straddie home in Australia. I admit, Australia is not the first place I think of when I imagine cold weather, in fact, in November it's actually spring there! But when I saw the pictures I just fell in love with it and it's actually up for rental! While I think it might be too short notice to start planning a trip to Australia, I am definitely going to keep this in my files for a future vacation spot. Maybe we'll deviate from our normal pattern and go visit in the summer, after all, it will be winter there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That place looks amazing! Hey i found this great site that i think you will really like, baraaza.com