Monday, November 17, 2008

Influence

I left work early on Friday to head over to Sam's Club to get my tires rotated for our trip (in case you didn't know, if you buy your tires from Sam's they will rotate them for free). So, since I had an hour to kill, and didn't need to do any shopping, I did something I had never done before at Sam's Club, hung out in the book section.
*Side note: They have great deals on books!

Okay, I'm back. Anyways, I pulled my basic Barnes and Nobles routine and went through the books pulling any one that caught my eye and then quickly headed off to a quiet spot to read (this meant the sofa and recliners aisle). One of the books I picked up was the Olsen twin's new book Influence. I had read about it in different magazine articles and blogs, and decided to check it out for myself. I must say, I loved it. It was filled with interviews personally conducted by each of the girls, some of the interviews would veer off course into these odd little ramblings between an Olsen and the subject of their interview. Personal letters or random photos are posted throughout the book. My favorite interview was of Lauren Hutton, I started chuckling when I read her comment saying, "I'm always looking for a man my size...mentally that is." Another interview I loved was of Diane Von Faustenberg! Up until now, I've always been familiar with appearances on ANTM and Project Runway where, while brilliant, she's brutally honest. After reading the interview, I realized why, the woman created an empire all on her own...and while raising a family. It made me see her in a whole new light, plus I loved all of the old photographs of her while she was just starting out. If you haven't picked up the book yet I highly recommend that next time you are at the bookstore you sit down with a cup of coffee and read it, it's a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren Hutton has to be one of the most beautiful and fashionable people in the world.