Monday, February 9, 2009

Plato

This past Friday I decided to get a jump start on my to-do list by heading off to Plato's Closet with my 3 bags filled with clothes and shoes from my recent closet clean up. I've never been there before and wasn't exactly sure what to expect. As it turns out, I was very impressed! The store gears itself towards young adults, mainly high school kids. They buy only name brand clothing, mainly the teeny bopper labels that we've all come to know and love (Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc.), but mostly they look for clothing in very good condition that's max, a year and a half old.

While I was standing there watching the manager go through my bags of clothes, I decided to peruse the racks. Many of their items are extremely affordable, matching prices you would see at thrift stores, and they were in great shape. In the end, they only took a fraction of my clothes (some of my items weren't hip enough I guess), but I walked away with $50 in cash! Not bad for a little weekend pocket money! And what did I do with my pocket of cash? I went to Victoria's Secret and treated myself to some new panties...I love walking out with that little pink bag.

If you haven't stopped in one yet, I highly recommend it and if your looking to sell here are some tips that I picked up:
1. Bring in recent items no more than a year and a half old
2. They don't really like knee length skirts (which I had a lot of), bring in your short ones.
3. If your total is under $50, you receive cash, over that, a check.
4. Shoes are welcome, but need to be in good shape (they're looking for round toe right now).
5. They had loads of accessories! Bring those in.

Most important:
Give it a try! You never know what they are going to take!

Image via here.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I need to do this.......I might try it! Thanks!