Thursday, May 8, 2008

The MoMA at my fingertips


Who would have known to go to a museum store for cool items for your home? Okay, well, maybe some people do, but I just never thought of it. Which is why I was so intrigued by the cool finds at the MoMA Store. New York City is a place very near and dear to my heart, so much so , that I brought my husband there to share the excitement of all the hustle and bustle when we were just a fledgling couple. As a child, The Museum of Modern Art was always one of my favorite places to visit in NYC, especially on school field trips...because they threw in cupcakes. So, you can just imagine how excited I was to find their store online, loaded with great art pieces, books, and fun items for our home. Looking at great photography (I say looking, because I'm still not brave enough to pick up a camera myself) has been a recent hobby of mine, so once I stumbled upon a photography book about the famous photographer Annie Lebowitz, I automatically looked up her work and loved it, looks like that will be going into my MoMA cart!
Or how about their crazy outline vase? I thought it was so odd, but really cheeky, so much so that it made me laugh the first time I saw it.
Last, but not least, how can you visit a museum and not walk away with a piece of fabulous art, like this print of a painting by Rousseau called The Dream.




0 comments: