Friday, September 26, 2008

Smile...It's Friday!

It's Friday again! Whoo hoo! This week went by pretty quick, I still keep thinking that it's Thursday. This weekend we're hoping to get together with some friends and I think I'm going to try my hand at entertaining. Yep, 8 months of being newlyweds and I still haven't officially entertained guests. I say officially because people, especially my family, come over and eventually we get hungry and we order in or I cook something. However I think this weekend I might actually invite people over for dinner...gasp!

Nishlo is coming into town, which is always a lot of fun, you never know what kind of shenanigans us four might get into. Recently we've started hanging out with another couple, let's call them Eltim, like us, they are fans of staying home to watch a movie, so I have a feeling we'll be getting together sometime this weekend for a home cooked meal and a great rental. They're also into eating healthy, so I'm go to try one of my newly found healthy recipes, wish me lots of happy cooking dust!

On a much happier note that I am sure all you ladies will understand...I managed to fit into a pair of jeans this morning that I have not been able to get into in 3 months! Yey! Mango was downstairs making breakfast when I came galloping down the stairs and into the kitchen giggling with excitement. Our dialogue basically went like this:

Me: I closed my jeans! (Stands in a Taaa Daaa pose)
Him: Okay...
Me: No, you see, I haven't been able to close them in 3 months! That means I've lost weight and am fitting into my clothes again!
Him: That's great! Okay, let's eat now, it's getting late.

So needless to say, the Weight Watchers diet is going pretty well. According to Wii Fit, I've lost 1.3 pounds in the last four days, not too shabby. Speaking of Wii Fit, I am obsessed with the hula hoop game! It is hilarious! Basically you stand on the board and move your hips around like you're spinning a hula hoop. While the exercise is only in 3 minute increments, try it twice and you're swinging those hips all over the place from exhaustion. The funniest part is watching someone else do it! Last night Mango and I were taking turns, and to make it a little more interesting, I decided to play some mental warfare (I can't let him beat my high score!) and decided to jump around to distract him...didn't work, he still beat my high score. The game basically looks like this, minus the Japanese subtitles. Keep an eye on the lower left corner, that is what you look like when playing this game...





I wish you all a happy and safe weekend! See you on Monday!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Yayyyy for skinny jeans! That is an awesome feeling! Congrats!