Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Inspirations and Must Haves: Part 1

Fall slowly making its way down here in sunny Florida, I can already see a change in the "light" throughout the day. Eventually it will be time to enjoy pumpkin spice lattes and the fabulous clothing that makes me so excited for Fall.

So, I figured, since I'm in the process of revamping my closet, I might as well start taking inventory of what I already have and making a little wish list of things I'd like to add to my wardrobe. For a little inspiration I decided to turn to the always fashion fabulous, Lady Moss.

I am head-over-heels in love with this image! The moment I saw it, it became my inspiration for a casual look during Fall. The vest she's wearing is beyond amazing. A vest is at the top of my list this season.

Fall '09 Casual


Thanks to the fact that I live in a rather warm climate, I can still sport my light t-shirts and the occasional short from time to time. This season, my staples are going to be dark skinny jeans, light tees and tanks, vest, and a great blazer or military style jacket a la' Daria in Balmain. When it comes to accessories, I'm feeling bold statement necklaces or a pretty headband a la' Blair Waldorf. Of course, it would not be fall without a delicious pair of boots! I'm feeling extremes this season, either a nice ankle bootie, oxford shoe, or my much coveted, over the knee boot. I'm especially liking the boot at Nine West, it does the trick and won't break the bank...brava! Makeup wise, it's also about extremes. A bold lip or a pinky nude, we'll see what mood I'm in. Last, but never least, a must have flirty dress for those days when you just feel like being uber girly.

A nice big over-sized watch is going to be my wrist bling of choice this fall. On my to-do list is to get new batteries for 2 watches that used to be my husband's. Part of the perk of having a boy in the house...you get to raid their wardrobe.

image via Fated to Pretend

0 comments: