Thursday, July 3, 2008

In the whee hours of the night

Last night was a long night for Mangonett. For the first time since we have been married, my husband was on a business trip, which left me alone in the house and as he put it, "up to some sort of mischief"...and he was right! While my poor husband was stuck in Detroit with his flight being delayed not once, but three times, finally leaving at 1:23am, I had a burst of energy and decided to work on the house!
First, I cleaned the house from top to bottom, which is not an easy thing considering it's a three floor town home. However, thanks to my trusty cleaning caddy it makes things a little easier. If you don't have one of these, go out and get one! I found mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, and made a couple of registry returns for my own little armory of cleaning products. Mangonett's basic essentials for the cleaning caddy are:
1. Glass Cleaner
2. Surface Cleaner
3. Roll of paper towel
4. Feather duster (I like ostrich feather myself)
5. Toilet bowel cleaner
6. Disinfecting wipes
7. Dust pan with brush
Thankfully I have a toilet brush in every bathroom, so it avoids me having to carry around the "brush of shame". Along with the caddy I carry my broom like a spear and take on the house! I am proud to say that it now smells lemony fresh!

Next, I decorated! Remember my idea for the home office bathroom? Well, I finally finished it! Here it is:
Here's a look at the black shower curtain (sorry about the angles, it was hard to get a good shot where you can see everything):
I found the frames at Target for $17 each. Then I went to Michael's and and bought some fake leaves. The brown matting behind it is actually the cardboard that came with the frame. At first I was just going to leave the background all white, but I realized I needed a little bit more color and the board just seemed to work!
Oh, and here's a shot of a little vase that I found at Target for $8, I thought it was so cute, and I managed to find the same flowers that were in the Pottery Barn inspiration picture:
I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out, including paint, it all came out to about $150...thank you Target! Since I was taking pictures, I decided to take a couple of pics of some other updates that we've made to the house that I've posted about, but haven't shown you guys yet. So here it goes:



We were finally able to put up those glass shelves in the bathroom. I found them at Restoration Hardware during their summer clearance...
Yesterday afternoon while shopping at Kirklands, I finally found something to put in the corner of our roman tub. This particular project had me scratching my head because I couldn't quite figure out what to put there, until I found this beautiful potted plant of orchids. Usually I'm not to crazy about fake plants, but I fell in love with this one, it had just the right amount of fullness that I needed to fill the space. Bonus, it was on clearance from $80 to $37...Whoo Hoo!


That was my night, cleaning and nailing frames into the wall at 12:30 at night. Today was a busy day at work since this weekend is a holiday weekend, which means, I am off tomorrow! We're spending the weekend at home and relaxing. I wish you all a safe and happy weekend, see you on Monday!

0 comments: